Installing Recessed Lighting for Dramatic Effect
Recessed lighting can create a dramatic and stylish effect in any room. While you may think you need to have access to the attic to install these lighting fixtures, it is possible to install them with minimal damage to your ceiling. Here’s how:
- Locate a source of power and determine your switch location.
- After completing a lighting plan and purchasing your supplies, you’ll start by cutting out holes in the ceiling for the lights. You’ll also need a slot in the ceiling and wall for wiring.
- Drop a weighted string through the hole in your ceiling and feed it over to your power source. You can then draw the necessary wires toward where the light fixture will be.
- Wire the light to the power source, and then set up the wire to the next fixture. Then, label the cables in the remodeling box.
- Reconnect the outlet, then install the trim and lamps.
With this procedure, you can have recessed lighting in any part of your home.